Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July fun


Would it be too much to say today was the perfect day? Well it was. The day started with a great breakfast at the Ellis' followed by bike decorating and sign making for our patriotic "parade." At 5 we all gathered together again at our house for a barbecue and fireworks. The weather was perfect and we were surrounded by wonderful friends all day. At one point in all the chaos Ben disappeared across the street to the neighbors house (which was scary and not perfect) but after finding him I played with him outside and in the car a while (he loves to "drive" the car) and I kept thinking how lucky we are to have these 2 wonderful kids in our lives. To top it off at the end of the night Keely turned to me and said, "mom, you light up my life just like the fireworks" (I seriously don't know where she comes up with this stuff)! I'm happy.




6 comments:

Shauri said...

Your new living room looks very lovely.

KerrieLeigh said...

It does sound perfect. Nothing better than your first big get together in your new house.

Byron said...

It was really fun to be a part of the perfect day. We had a blast at the parade. The kids all looked great. So glad we could be there too!

Autumn said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! LOVE your new house! I just looked at all of your pictures...I'm so impressed! You and Debbie...and Shawn (I'm sure) did a great job! Way to be brave on the green color! It looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Your house looks awesome. Looks like you had a great 4th of July.

Updates From The Outback said...

So great to see you having a good time with all your family/friends. I remember the last 4th of July we were all together. We were at Arah's, and marching over to the church parking lot to set off our fireworks. I was walking a little behind, looked at all our family and said to myself, "This is what life's all about. We are truly blessed."