Monday, October 6, 2008

Keely's Birthday Week

I am convinced that they (you know, the man) should change the word "birthday" to "birthweek." In my experience kids no longer have a day of festivities; between school, friends and family it seems to last the whole week. Keely's was no exception. She started the week by taking goody bags to school followed by a day (her actual birthday) of getting spoiled silly by getting to choose her whole day. Blueberry pancakes for breakfast, a surprise gift after school (an easel and art table), a movie at the theater with dad, play time at Max's, dinner at Red Robin and cake and ice cream with family that night. I think that she had a great day but after reminding me for the 100th time that it was her birthday and that she could choose/do anything she wanted that day I told her that I knew and she didn't have to remind me any more to which she replied, "But mom, that's what you do on Mother's Day." Touche.


After a little break from the celebrations Keely had her friend party on Saturday night. A "pretend sleepover" where everyone came in their pj's, and brought their favorite stuffed animal and sleeping bag. We started the party with pizza, followed by more cake (a Barbie cake that Keely had been begging for) and ice cream and had a scavenger hunt followed by slumber party games like "musical sleeping bags." Instead of someone getting out though I just told them if they didn't land on a sleeping bag they had to do a silly dance. The girls had fun with this and I suspect a couple of them were actually trying not to end with a sleeping bag. All in all I think everyone had a great time!



Happy Birthday sweet girl!

12 comments:

Hubers said...

Happy Birthday Keely! We wish the world for you!

Aundrea said...

Wow! It sounds like she had a great time! She is so cute! Happy birthday, Keely:)

Abbigail said...

those are some amazing cakes!

Arah Debra said...

Happy birthday sweetheart! That was quite the week. Gavin just couldn't understand why she wasn't coming to our house or we weren't going to hers for her birthday. I told him we would do something for her when she came for Thanksgiving. So I guess the birthday celebration continues.

Delsa said...

About time you posted again, that must mean you are alive.
How come I never get a fun party like that? Can I expect it next year. How about we do the sleepover in Australia?

KerrieLeigh said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish the spoiling continued on to the later years for the rest of us.

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday Keely!!! Love the barbie cake!! I miss the 'little girl' birthday parties! P.S. I still have the 'pin the lips on the barbie doll' remember that??

Updates From The Outback said...

My oh my. That girl has things rough! Nice birthweek!
Looks like lots of fun. We love you, Keely.
P.S. Looks like she's got some real dance potential (Kristen's blog)

Anonymous said...

I love your ideas, and I hope I remember them when Anna is a couple years older. What a fun week! What a lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Keely! It looks like a great birthweek. That is a really fun idea for a party.

emandteem said...

Happy late birthday Keely. I can't believe she's 5. Looks like a great party.

Kerri said...

Wow! What a great birthweek!! I love the Mother's Day pot-shot she took at you...I do the same thing for sure! :) You're all looking so great. We miss ya. Loves from the Costleys