Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Paed Wif Max



Translation: "I played with Max."

Don't you just love when kids are first learning to spell and they write everything phonetically? Well, every Monday morning in Keely's class they write the "Monday morning news" and it's just supposed to be a line about what they did over the weekend with a picture to illustrate. I found this the other day and it made me happy. Max is Keely's cousin and we just happen to be lucky enough to live right by them. We don't know how long we'll have them here, but we're thankful for every second we get! The bond that Max and Keely have formed is something very special and makes me smile almost everyday. When they get together you never know what fantasy world they'll dream up, but you always know they'll have fun doing it!

9 comments:

Danelle said...

So cute. And I am still loving her haircut.

KerrieLeigh said...

That is so cute! I hope it always stays that way.

Autumn said...

That is darling! I'm with you...I LOVE when they learn to write! It's one of my favorite things!! I have a hard time getting rid of any of those papers they write! AND
Cousins are the best!!

Rochelle said...

Ohh! That is so sweet! I loved that with my kids too.

Delsa said...

That drawing of hers is exceptional. It illustrates what is important, Keely's hair and Max's legs. What a cute picture - how great that they love each other.
Thanks for writing again Lisa.

emandteem said...

What do you mean you don't know how long you'll have them there? Are they moving soon? You are so lucky to be close to family. Cute kids.

Danelle said...

It's a date. I'll be looking forward to your visit. Call me when you're here..I'm in the book.

Updates From The Outback said...

That's pretty impressive. This would be a good time for her to start a little "journal." Collect what she writes for, or at school, and bind it with what she writes at home. Sometimes she could dictate to you, and other times she could write. Then she illustrates each page or takes photos to insert.

Abbigail said...

so cool. Can't wait till Kitty starts writing. I lvoe that power photo of them at Gyum America. Are you still going to that play time? I haven't been in ages... I would love to meet you there sometime.