Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Walkers

Here’s a picture of Keely with her primary teachers Katie and Cory. She loves them and calls them “my Walkers,” which is their last name. She’ll say “mom, can I draw a picture for my Walkers?” or “I want to call my Walkers!” Keely wants to share everything good and exciting in her life with them. The other day I didn’t want Keely watching a TV show because I felt the content was too adult for her and a little while later she came up to me and said, “Mom, I forgive you for not wanting me to watch TV with you. My Walkers taught me about forgiveness and it’s okay that you didn’t want me to watch that boring show; I forgive you because it’s the right thing to do.” Thank goodness for her Walkers, otherwise I might never have been forgiven!

On a very serious note, we feel like Katie and Cory have been heaven sent. Shawn and I have thanked God for them time and time again and Keely remembers them in every prayer she utters. The kids (Sunbeams) that Katie and Cory teach are just forming their impressions of church and we are so grateful that their class has so much good to look forward to every Sunday. As parents who worry about and pray for our kids there is no greater comfort than being able to drop your child off in class and know without a doubt that she’ll be as loved and cared for as she would be at home. So my Walkers - thank you, thank you, and thank you for all that you are and all that you do!

10 comments:

Arah Debra said...

Keely is a lucky girl! That made me cry. It just goes to show you just how important calling like that are.

EFN Newsletter said...

OK, I'm glad to know someone else cried too. I wasn't sure if it was just me being pregnant.

Tanya said...

YOU are lucky to have them for your daughter. And Keely is lucky to have them teach her now. I just actually took pics of Landon with his primary teachers and was going to do a post. Great minds think alike...

Abbigail said...

That is so awesome! I have been a primary teacher many times and it is inspiring that they have had such an effect on her! Good work!

Janie said...

Primary teachers are so important! And, the "My Walkers" are great.

emandteem said...

Lisa, lisa, lisa.... I can't believe I missed your birthday. I'm a loser friend, what more can I say so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I have no excuse, but I hope it was a good day.

Updates From The Outback said...

That was great! You need to submit it to the Ensign or Friend. Teachers need a pat on the back and its good to get them thinking about how important their jobs are.

HW said...

I love the Walkers too. As a matter of fact, we think of them as OUR Walkers, but don't tell Keely that. She does have location on her side anyway.

I love lurking on your blog! Your boy is precious and getting so big and I love to hear Keely stories.

Cory's Mom said...

Hi-
I was privileged enough to be able to visit the "Walkers" this summer and help Katie with the Sunbeams one Sunday while Cory was sick. I was there, fortuitously, on the day that Katie was to teach of extended families, and so I gained great cachet by being Cory's Mom! I was a living object lesson- Thank you, Keely's Mom, for loving my "Walkers" and appreciating them; I also cried when I read your blog, as I raised Cory and remember when he was a tiny little guy with blond blond hair and a tender little soul, and my heart ached with concern as I thought of giving him to someone else to teach even for an hour or so- I'm so happy and feel so grateful and blessed that he and his beautiful bride have become worthy and wonderful and important to your precious little daughter. I remember Keely and how dear she is. Cory spoke so sweetly of her to me just yesterday, and the love he feels for her and all the Sunbeams in his and Katie's class is so evident. The tears in his eyes as he related his love for the children made me cry then,just as your testimony of the love Keely has for the "Walkers" made me cry. A love fest!! Thank you for allowing me to peek in. Cory's Mom

Updates From The Outback said...

Wow! I read all your blogs at one sitting. They were wonderful. Even though the comment thing will say "Lynda said", this is really your dad. I almost wish I hadn't read them. It made me miss the whole family a great deal. Luv's to U-all.