Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Niagara Falls


Okay, for those of you that have short attention spans (my family), I will make this quick and mostly do my reminiscing in list form. First, I have to say that I love Niagara Falls. It’s one of those places that amaze you every time you see it and the weekend was absolutely incredible, there’s nothing better than a family outing with good friends! So, here we go:

My top 5 trip highlights:

1. The Falls and the little town Niagara on the Lake
2. When the reptile guy at the Aviary asked Keely if she wanted to hold a snake and she shrugged her shoulders and said, “sure.”
3. When the same guy asked me where we were from and then told me that we didn’t have that annoying U.S. accent. Is that a compliment??
4. When Julie asked us all if we have ever played that game where you put your hand on a table, spread your fingers, and then mark each spot in between your fingers with a knife as quickly as you can. Steve said “Never with a real knife” and Julie came back with a challenging, “Wuss!” The girl’s a tiger!
5. Girls winning 3 out of 3

1 thing that I learned about each person (adult) on the trip:

Jerusha: The girl is smart, beautiful and fun but don’t try to talk pop culture with her - you’ll just get a blank stare.
Steve: Has a ton of passion for life (which I actually already knew) and is a serious smart aleck (I didn’t know to what extent). Oh, and also tries to squeeze camera memory cards into places they don’t belong.
Julie: One of the sweetest people in the world but add a little competition (ie. Settlers) and the claws come out. I love her more than ever!
Brian: The biggest Jason Bourne fan you’ll EVER meet. Ask him anything – ANYTHING – about the movies and he can tell you.
Shawn: You’d think after 9 years I would know everything about this guy but it turns out I never really knew how much he dislikes getting wet while fully clothed.

And there you have it, our trip on a list!

14 comments:

Tanya said...

What a fun trip! Somehow I never visited Niagara during the five years I was a bit closer to them than I am now. You guys are so cute! Love it.

Aundrea said...

I sooo want to go there. Kelly is in Toronto as we speak, but flies out of Buffalo and is stopping by there tomorrow, I'm jealous! You have a cute family!

Steve-o said...

That video just blew my mind, Lisa. Now I have to copy your idea and put something like that up on our blog.

It got me all sentimental.

Autumn said...

Loved your slide show! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love your "high fashion" kids!! I would expect nothing less from you!!

mamaroosh said...

WoW! That was the coolest video I've ever seen! Steven ran all the way up two flights of stairs to show me. We had a blast!

Steve-o said...

As long as you guys know I have nothing but love for you, I don't mind being called a smart aleck.

Although, I think I can make a pretty good case for self-defense. I was provoked. I have witnesses.

Jana said...

I a sad to see that you are still playing settlers after all these years. :) I am glad you went to Niagara on the Lake. SUPER CUTE huh! Your video was neat. I only know how to do the VERY basic so you need to teach me. Remember, I just barely learned how to email pics. :)

Anonymous said...

So fun! And very funny... I think you should include your list of particulars you learned about yourself as you embraced the Canadian Way... Cheese, chocolate, Ranch, Rolls, Settlers, Wool/Sheep, Hot tub temps...

Arah Debra said...

That looks like lots of fun. You're lucky to live so close to such a cool place. I want to go there sooooooo bad!

Delsa said...

I've been to Niagara a zillion times, but I don't think I've ever had that much fun. maybe it was the people I went with-whatayathink?

Tanya said...

And...good for your friend Jerusha. She doesn't need to know a thing about pop culture. It's not going to further her life or her children's quality of life and knowledge! And, think of all the time she is saving. Ha, ha.

Lisa said...

Reminds you a little of yourself, huh Tanya?? I didn't say it was a bad thing...it's a very good quality!

The Cherry Family said...

Good way to give a brief summary. I was quite surprised about Julie. It increases my interest to get to know her better. :)

Tanya said...

Yes! I'm just laughing though, because I know I am clueless when it comes to that stuff. Anyway, I need to hang out with that girl.