Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ladies' Night



Thank you to Michelle and Elizabeth for hosting Bunko night! I haven't had so much fun in a long time! I have to say that there is really nothing better than a night out with friends (except maybe a romantic getaway with your husband - hint, hint Shawn).

As always there were lots of laughs, lots of fun and, bonus, everyone left with a gift! I have to say, though, that even with all that fun it was not my best rolling night!

Some of you that know me may realize that I can be just a little superstitious (oh, and competitive). Well, here are some of the things I tried: Staying silent through each round (which was the hardest for me and probably everyone else's favorite), sending positive messages out to the universe (the universe was obviously ignoring me!), having the person I was partnering with keep score and vice versa (my least effective attempt), and of course the traditional picturing the numbers in your mind and rolling the dice certain ways. Even after all my efforts I still ended up on the losers table way more than the winners table and I'm kind of starting to think that there might not be much to superstition. Oh well, chances are I'll try it again!

9 comments:

Abbigail said...

I love Bunko. I have only played it once, but it was fun! I too am super competitive when we play games, so much that it is not fun and I always spoil the night. I get so cranky and mad if anyone does anything to make me lose. I am a sore loser. Looks like a good time though!

Jess said...

So fun! I'm totally envious. I feel like I've been exiled to a different planet these days. I miss you guys.

Autumn said...

I love Bunko! I am the complete opposite of you when it comes to the competition part of the game! I love all of your strategies! You make me laugh! Better luck next time!

Unknown said...

I wish I had a bunko group. Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I never knew Bunko could be so much fun! I could hear talk about your strategies all the way up in the winners table... (minus the couple times I was at the loser table)

Aundrea said...

I love Bunco too! Sounds like you have a great group of friends:)

Arah Debra said...

It's really hard to imagine you being competitive... Shocker!

EFN Newsletter said...

I hate bunko. I hate that I can't do anything to influence whether or not I win. Even sending positive messages out to the universe.

Jana said...

You make me laugh. Competitive? Lisa? No. :)