Thursday, January 24, 2008

27 Dresses...and 1 Man?

Last night I was lucky enough to get a girls’ night with some great friends. We went to Carlyle Grill and had some amazing dessert (oh, and a side of fries - random but delicious) and then went to 27 Dresses, a really fun movie. Unfortunately, that’s not what this story is about, the highlight (or low point) of my night took place in the restroom at the theater.

So I’m walking out of my stall to wash my hands when I look up to see a man washing his hands at the sink. He doesn’t really notice me until I jump, cover my mouth and gasp – oh yeah, that got his attention! As soon as I opened my mouth I felt a pit in my stomach and I knew I was doomed, “Am I in the Men’s room?!” SHE just smiles and says, “No, you’re in the Women’s room.” Did I say she? Oh yeah, that’s ‘cause my man is a WO-man! Now I’m dying. What do I say, what do I say? “Oh thank goodness!” did I just say ‘thank goodness?’ Thank goodness would be that I didn’t just call this woman a man, thank goodness would be that I really was in the men’s room!

On the bright side the girls got a good laugh at (let's call her Pat) Pat's and my expense, and in an attempt to console me one of my friends even said that she has a sister who might actually take it as a compliment if someone mistook her for a man. Here’s to hoping.


22 comments:

KerrieLeigh said...

I'm pretty sure that is the funniest thing I have heard in a really long time.

Unknown said...

Lisa crazy things always happen to you. Why does nothing ever happen to me. I would like to write somehting crazy in my blog. Thanks again for a good laugh.

Arah Debra said...

You crack me up! Why do things like that alway happen to you?

Autumn said...

You are like an embarassing moment magnet! I seriously almost fell off of my chair laughing! Wish I had been there!

emily said...

YES! I love it. I love that things like this happen to other people BESIDES me. Thanks for making me feel more normal :-)

Aundrea said...

That's so funny! What was her reaction of the "oh thank goodness"?

Jana said...

I wish you had a pic of that she-man. And I like the new friends. I am excited to be a part of that group. :) Whether you all like it or not!

Mandy said...

Lisa,
Hilarious! We need to hang out more 'cause sounds like we are a lot alike! It was so great seeing you at church a few weeks ago! Let's try to get together soon!

Jana said...

Lisa. That car seat is adorable. You and Rachel are lame. :)

Elizabeth said...

Still laughing, that was the highlight of the night.

Lauren said...

Oh no! That is awful. So nasty. I always hated seeing the "SHIM" when we went to state basketball. SHIM worked at JB's.

Delsa said...

Between you and Shauri this has been a great day for laughs.

Sandy said...

Man, that was funny!! I would have probably just have ran out of the restroom and hid in the theater!! Great story...Jason and I had a good laugh at your (and Pat's) expense :-)

Jenny said...

Whoa that one was funny! I miss you!

Your story reminds me of a co-RA at Juilliard who dressed in drag on weekends and once came to see if "Victoria" could borrow a pair of my nylons...

A little awkward!

Anonymous said...

I could really hear you tell this story all day. poor bathroom goer.

Janie said...

So funny! I am pretty sure I would be to embarrassed to post that story on my blog! I am glad your not--it was a good laugh!

Byron said...

Wish I could have been there to see it! In fact, I want to go next time!! I miss my movie going friends! (Make sure it is a really violent movie though!)

mamaroosh said...

That is the funniest bathroom story I've ever heard! Didn't you have a camera in your purse? Can I take your picture for my blog? That would have been the icing on the cake right?!

Sadlers said...

So where is the group picture?? Did you not have the perfect camera angle?? Was your hair not in the right spot?? It is all about you isn't it? Or you are just ashamed that you had to go to the movie with us?

Kristen said...

I'm still sticking to my story that "Pat" took the whole thing as a compliment. What the heck.

The Cherry Family said...

Funny story! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Becky said...

Lisa, I could not stop laughing about the Pat story!! I think it was because I am guilty of doing similar things . . . no, no, it was because thankfully, it was you this time and not me.
Hilarious!!