Sunday, January 13, 2008

Chuck E. Robot

The other day Keely went to her friend Eden’s birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese and she was all over Chuck E. when he came out to greet the kids. She had a great time and on the way home this was our conversation:

Me: “You really loved Chuck E. didn’t you?”
Keely: “Yeah, except he didn’t talk but that’s because he’s not really Chuck E. Cheese.”
Me: Oh, he’s not?”
Keely: “No mom, he’s just a robot that Chuck E. sends out to birthday parties when he’s too busy.”
Me: “Really? But you do believe that there is a giant talking mouse that lives at Chuck E. Cheese?”
Keely: “Yep mom, but sorry, that wasn’t him.”

So disappointed! I drive all that way and spend all that time only to get short changed with a robot! : )

9 comments:

Jana said...

I love it!! I am planning Jack's party and thinking it will be at Chuck E. Cheeses. I seriously hope that the real deal comes and not his robot. Jackson would be so disappointed. :)

Aundrea said...

I love the stories and logic that kids have...it's always so entertaining:) Keely sounds like she is "Miss Personality"!

Arah Debra said...

Duh Lisa! I can't believe you didn't know that!!

Delsa said...

My Keely- I'm glad you are sending more material on her again. Elder Collet was excited when your parents went to Alice so he could hear Keely stories again, but it was pretty dry for a awhile.

KerrieLeigh said...

I love the way kids think! That is so cute.

Shauri said...

She is SO smart. Seriously, I just figured that whole robot thing out last year.

Unknown said...

How funny. You gotta love kids.

Updates From The Outback said...

Now that's an insightful child! And what about Santa Claus?

Autumn said...

She is full of logic! My kids still don't know that Chuck E. has a "robot" double! ...Obviously not as intelligent as Keely!