Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Roller Skating

Arah, Laura and I took the kids to Classic Skate today and Keely was sooooo excited to skate. There was a bounce zone and a jungle gym there too but Keely was only interested in skating. While everyone else spread out I went and got our roller skates and helped Keely put her skates on. Since Keely has never actually been skating before I thought I should join her so I was like, "Wait a second and I'll get my skates on." Keely just looked at me with a really concerned look on her face and said "Are you sure mom? Do you know how?" I have to admit that her lack of confidence cut deep but the kicker was when this little boy on one of those razor scooters started circling Keely and me while taunting "slow pokes, slow pokes." I swear if his mom (or the surveillance cameras) hadn't been watching I would have kicked his wheels right out from under him. Instead I just leaned down and said, "I think he likes you." Keely got this real proud look on her face and just kept on cruisin'!

10 comments:

EFN Newsletter said...

Maybe next time you're taking a really long time to get ready in the morning Shawn could start running around you in circles taunting "slow poke, slow poke" and you would just know that he really likes you.

Jana said...

You are a good mommy. I would have definitely told my boys that the other boy was going to get his butt kicked. Camera or not. When Noah was a baby and we were at the pool, some older boys were playing with a ball that was wet and it hit him straight in the face. Mama Bear came to life!!!!

Arah Debra said...

Keely was doing a way better job than me. I'm glad that kid wasn't out there when I was skating. I probably would have fallen over while he was taunting me.

Aundrea said...

That sounds like so much fun! It brings back memories of the good ol' days of taking my Strawberry Shortcake skates to school in 2nd grade to skate at recess:) And I think I would have "accidentally" fallen on that kid to teach him a lesson:)

Tanya said...

I love Kristin's comment. And Keely's skates, are those skates you wear over shoes? Are those yours?

Autumn said...

That looks like so much fun! You should have let Keely give that little boy a piece of her mind! :) What a good Mommy you are!

Delsa said...

Yah, another story to make me laugh. I must admit that I'm surprised that you allowed the cameras or the mother to stop you

Lauren said...

So cute! Grace got rollerblades from Santa so I think she and Keely would be buddies.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. At least you didn't fall down. Did that once a few years ago. Needless to say I walked around for two weeks like an old lady.

Updates From The Outback said...

Go skaters!!