Saturday, March 29, 2008

Alice Springs


Now up to Alice Springs to see Grandma and Grandpa Shumway! Elder Jackson, who is an Area Seventy spent the night at the Quinns and planned on joining us for our trip to Alice Springs. I was in my room getting all packed and ready in the morning when Keely popped in and excitedly said, “Mom, you’ll want to see the man taking us to the airport, he is so handsome!” I was cracking up because I knew that she was talking about Elder Jackson who she apparently thought was just our driver. Fortunately, he also got a good laugh about it.

It was wonderful to get off the plane, round the corner and see their faces. Keely ran into Grandma Lynda’s arms and poor Grandma just lost it, she burst into tears, which of course made Grandma Delsa and me tear up also. Ben was sound asleep meanwhile and Grandpa Jim was more than pleased to take him off my hands! Traveling with missionaries is a whole new experience, President Quinn was holding a Zone conference in Alice and we brought 5 bikes, our luggage, their luggage, and the 2 Assistants’ luggage. We were quite the sight!

1 comment:

Updates From The Outback said...

Keely was darling from that moment until the last. I was amazed with her personality and the love she showed everyone.