Sunday, May 11, 2008

10 Years Baby!

Last week Shawn and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. I can't believe how quickly time has gone (and how much older we look!). I made a video for him but for some reason blogger wouldn't let me upload it. Anyway, since it was our big 10 how could I not make a list of 10 things I love about Shawn? So here they are in no particular order:

1. I can always be myself with you, whatever I’m feeling. If I’m happy, I can be all the way happy, if I’m sad I can be all the way sad and I know that you’re with me trying to experience whatever I’m experiencing.

2. You’re a mean competitor. You’ve never let me win a game on purpose once and believe it or not, I like that.

3. You’re a great dad. I love that you call and tell stories to Keely every night when you’re on a business trip, even if you’re in London or Ireland. I love that Ben’s your biggest fan.

4. Relationships mean so much to you. You’ve always been better at keeping in touch with both friends and family and you’re always aware of people’s needs and what they’re going through.

5. I love your lack of opinions when it comes to clothing, home furnishing, etc. Sounds funny, but I love that you’ll just wear (almost) whatever I buy and that when it comes to decorating the house your only opinion is “comfortable.” I don’t know how I’d manage with someone who had strong opinions in those areas.

6. I love that you’re so cuddly. I know I’m not the most cuddly person ever, but I really do love that you are. There’s something comforting in knowing that you’re always there with a hug when I need it.

7. You’re one of the most content people I’ve ever met. Whether we go out for the night or just stay in and get a movie, whether I cook or we go out to eat, you’re just happy being with people you love.

8. You’re so thoughtful. I love that you still write me letters, realize when I’m stressed and that you’re always there to help with whatever’s going on.

9. You have such a strong testimony. One thing I’ve never doubted is your belief in the church and you take whatever responsibility or calling you’re given so seriously. You’re such an example for both me and the kids.

10. That I knew what kind of person you were after our very first conversation. You have always been completely genuine and you live exactly what you believe. I knew after our very first date that you were the kind of person I could spend forever with.

17 comments:

Aundrea said...

Congrats on such a milestone! I loved reading the 10 things!

Rochelle said...

Congrats! Im thrilled for you and the happy family you have been blessed with! YAY!

Arah Debra said...

Congratulations guys! I'm so happy that Shawn joined our family 1o years ago. I couldn't have hand picked a better match for you. Love you both!

Autumn said...

You guys are so perfect for each other! Happy Anniversary! Great list Lisa!!

KerrieLeigh said...

Happy Anniversay!!! I also love your list.

Unknown said...

Happy big ten!! You guys are such a great couple.

Lauren said...

Congrats on 10 years! You both seem perfect for each other! Wish we lived closer together to hang out!

Updates From The Outback said...

There are not many things that make parents happier than to see their children happily married and living lives like you two are living. We are truly blessed. Give our love to the family.

Shauri said...

I was there to witness perhaps the one item of clothing that Shawn has ever refused to wear...Cap-ros anyone? I can't tell you how much money I would pay to see Shawn in Capri pants. Preferrably at a business meeting. I mean...Lisa...what were you thinking??

Christina and Family said...

that is so sweet! you guys are so perfect and such a great example of a good relationship!

Jana said...

I love Shawn too. What a guy! :) Now, about your new house. I LOVE it! :) You know we are coming to visit you in it. Get set. :) It is seriously so cute.

Whit said...

Congrats on the big 1-0.!! It is amazing how fast time goes.

Byron said...

You guys really are great together, I love how open and honest you are with each other, it is truly refreshing to hang out with the two of you! Thanks for a great night the other night...and congrats again!

Mandy said...

Lisa,
I had tears in my eyes by the end! Happy Anniversary! I hope you got a babysitter or I'm going to be mad you didn't call me! You and Shawn are both amazing people!

Abbigail said...

CONGRATS! We are almost there ourselves!

Janie said...

Congrats on 10 years together! What a cute couple you are, hope the next ten are even better :)

The Stringham's said...

WOW-10 years...already?! It's CRAZY how time flies!! You really did know from the beginning, didn't you Lisa? What a sweet, perfect relationship you two have. I truly am so happy for you both...about everything your lives have become, how your lives are, and what I KNOW your lives still have in store. Luv you xo