Sunday, May 18, 2008

shining like the top of the Chrysler building

So Keely was in the bathroom for a long time the other day and I figured she was getting into trouble but I was too busy to care; all I knew is that she was busy and entertained and I had a lot to do. After about 45 minutes I decided I'd better check in and I was like, "Keely, whatcha doin?" to which she responded, "Just cleaning the bathroom mom!" I have to say that as soon as she said this I imagined a massive puddle of water on the floor with rugs and towels strung all over the place so I hurried into he bathroom to see if I could minimize the damage. To my great surprise the bathroom was gleaming! I won't pretend that she didn't use a hand towel to clean (gross), and the strong smell of watermelon would suggest that she also used a large amount of hand soap but regardless it smelled and looked great; the sink, the floor, the cabinet, the mirror...the only thing she missed was the toilet (thank goodness!). Relieved and happy I just turned back around, shrugged my shoulders and said, "Wow... good job!"

14 comments:

Autumn said...

Man..you raise them right! 4 years old and she's already doing all your dirty work! You lucky girl! I've decided that this is the summer of Camry and bathrooms! Sad for her...Yay for me!

Arah Debra said...

That is so funny! Gavin wouldn't even know where to begin.

Delsa said...

Next time give her the right products, a toilet brush and you've got it made. Sounds like Travis. I remember at 5 he was always wanting to help clean, I told him he could clean out my refrigerator. It was much better than I would have done.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Love the watermelon scent. Better than finding her passed out due to the strong scent of Lysol.

Aundrea said...

Are you Miss Hannigan? :)

Good job, Keely!!

Rochelle said...

Wow! Good job Keely!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you...way to go Keely!

Hubers said...

Rad. Send her my way.

Mandy said...

That is so cute! Can she come over teach Cade how to clean?

Unknown said...

How nice of her, good job Kelly.

Jana said...

At least she is 4. When Jason and I were first married, he tried to clean the bathroom and used lysol DEGREASER on the mirror. When I got up to get ready for work I could barely see myself through all the fog.

Jess said...

What a nice thing to do for you:)

Janie said...

Sweet! Can she come train my kids?

Updates From The Outback said...

That is so great! Keep those instincts alive with lot's of recognition. Tell her how pleased Grandma Lynda was.