Monday, January 5, 2009

The Friends We Make

A highlight for me every time I go to Utah is being able to catch up with old friends.I love that with good friends you can go forever without talking and then when you see each other again it’s like you’ve never been apart. You can just pick up where you left off. Here are a few of the dear friends we got to see

Our Michigan Buddies

We got to go out to dinner with a couple of our Michigan abandoning friends. Sure they graduated from U of M and had job offers calling and families to support, but c’mon, where’s the loyalty? Really, having dinner with the Osguthorpes and Boyers just made us miss them all the more. Good conversation and good fun all the time!

Emily

Emily is another Michigan deserter who now lives in Washington but was in Utah for Thanksgiving. We got in some good time with Emily, her husband Teem and the kids but fortunately her daughter’s shirt was “misplaced” and left at Arah’s house so she was forced to stop by one more time before saying goodbye. Emily and I used to have a tradition of meeting at the mall every Thursday. We’d buy the kids a pretzel and a smoothie and just enjoy some good conversation together while the kids ran around the play area. I miss those days.

The girls

Once again I got to meet up with my girlfriends from high school. I think that I need regular visits with these girls because every time I see them I feel like I’m 16 again. I’m convinced that this is the secret to reclaiming my youth. I could just feel my wrinkles melting away. Seriously, I always have such a fun time with these girls and I’m forever thankful that I was surrounded by such good friends in high school. I truly hope that my kids will be able to find friends this good.
(This was me trying to look skinny next to Autumn and everyone laughing because it was totally not working)

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Ha! ...and everyone looking at this picture is laughing! Right!

LOVE seeing you guys!! It really is amazing how we can be apart for so long and get together and have SO much fun!

KerrieLeigh said...

I look much skinner from the back. Thanks for posting that one. :~)

Updates From The Outback said...

Your mom thinks it was working!
I always loved your high school friends and am so glad you all stay in touch and get together now and then.
(But where is Nicki?)