Monday, January 5, 2009

The People We Meet

Our trip was also filled with new faces and old favorites.

New Faces

Siarah

Meeting new little Siarah was a dream. Siarah is my sister Julee’s new little baby and when I tell you she’s the easiest, sweetest, best baby in the world I am not exaggerating. She mostly slept, but even when she was awake she was a content little thing. The couple of times I did hear her cry it was almost apologetic. Like, “sorry to bother you but I could use a diaper change or maybe a little food.” This precious baby just really has a sweet little spirit and all of us (especially Ben who kept insisting that he cuddle and kiss her) had fun getting to “know” her.

Jessica

Travis (Shawn’s little bro) finally let us meet his girlfriend Jessica, I felt like we were being let into some sort of special secret society or something very important. In all seriousness, it was great to meet her and we liked her so much. Jessica is especially good with kids and gained a lifelong fan in Keely.

Old Favorites

Grandma Gibby

My dear grandma made the trip from CA to UT to spend Thanksgiving with us. This lady is someone who just loves you and never stops expressing her love and gratitude once you’ve earned it (or even if you haven’t). Keely loves when she gets to spend time with her Great Grandma. She always know she’ll come out with some treat or important treasure. This year it was a fun advent calendar. I love this woman!

Uncle Mike

My brother Mike has some serious fans in his nieces and nephews. They seriously celebrate whenever he shows up and incessantly ask for him when he’s not around. There’s good reason for this. One night Mike babysat for my sister Arah and I while we went out. When we got home Keely and Gavin were still up. When I asked Keely why she wasn’t in bed she replied, “’cause you never have to go to sleep when Uncle Mikey’s babysitting!” It’s true. The kids know that Uncle Mike will let you eat, have or do almost anything you want when he’s in charge. Hey, he’s the Uncle, right?! They are lucky to have him; he loves them to death and they know it!

No comments: