Sunday, July 15, 2007

5 Things Not To Do When Your Husband Is Out of Town:

#1. Grocery shopping: Toddler asking for every toy, baby bored and screaming; next time will try eating food storage until mate returns.

#2. Baby immunizations: Screaming mad baby for three days. What was I thinking?

#3. Throw party: Girls night fun...cleaning up before and after not fun!

#4. Stay up late: Will be up at 6:00 AM everyday. Kids not going to sleep in no matter how hard I pray!

#5. Start new diet and exercise regimen – What are the chances…really?

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Grocery shopping - I seriously sweat more at the store with 3 kids than I do running 6 miles! I've learned to shop quickly.

And yeah!! You've finally got a blog - love it!

Elizabeth said...

Love it! Let's play when he leaves town again, we will clean up though. :)

Lisa said...

Just an FYI, "the elders" are a family, not missionaries! I got a few funny emails. : )

Jess said...

Love the blog Lisa!! I really needed a laugh tonight and you pulled threw for me so thanks:) FYI I hear you can order groceries online from Bushes for like $7 definitely worth it when there are no husbands to be found and no food in the house. Hmm these pictures look familiar. Glad you like them.

Sadlers said...

Wow Lisa, you finally did it. I am so proud of you. You have entered the blog world.

Becky said...

Woo hoo! Lisa got a blog! Your posts are so funny! I loved reading them. I kept going, "Yep. Uh huh. So true. etc., etc." Hilarious! You gave me a good laugh!

Jana said...

YES!!!! I am so excited you joined the rest of us. It is far too addicting!!! Beware. In Pittsburgh we have a place called the "Eagles Nest" at our grocery store where you can drop off your kids (3 years and over) for the entire time you shop. And it is free. Yes, the food is totally more expensive, but crazy moms will pay all sorts of prices just to get out of the store! Too bad for me, I still have Noah and Ellie to deal with. How do people do it? Where do you put the food since kids are all over the cart!?