Sunday, August 19, 2007

Travel Log - Sorry!



I know it has been a super long time, but there are two reasons for that: 1. We have been in California on vacation, 2. I have been reading “Eclipse,” but the kicker is that I’m reading it out loud with Shawn ‘cause it was kind of our travel book. Anyway, anytime either of us has a spare moment we hole ourselves up and read (Lame!) The reading process is a little more slow going than I like, but it’s fun reading it together.

So we had a great time in California, we stayed with my Aunt Lisa whom I am named after and who treated us very well, except when her husband Tim met us at the door he said (in a really bored voice) “Oh hey, you’re here. You’re supposed to put your stuff in the blue room.” Good to see you too Tim! : ) Thank goodness he wasn’t such a party pooper the whole time! We also got to see Uncle Rick and Aunt Robyn for a barbecue. Keely has fallen in love with Robyn, especially since she gave her a bag of seashells to bring home, priceless treasure!

Of course we got in some good “grandma time” with Grandma Gibby. It was so cute, when we got to her house she had cookies baking (which I’ve never seen her do before) and when I mentioned it she said she had just read an article that said a grandma’s house should always smell like cookies when her grandkids come over. I don’t know what magazines she’s reading or what decade they come from, but we all appreciated the suggestion. Considering the fact that she’s the sweetest grandma in the world, however, we would have been happy even without the cookies.

Another bonus to our trip is that the Atwoods joined us. Keely was so happy to have Gavin to play with, Shawn was so happy to have Steve to play with, and I was so happy to have Debbie to play with. Poor Benji was the only one without a play companion, but I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know the difference yet. Speaking of Benjamin, he is one sweaty baby! Between the heat and the humidity he was sticky all the time. We kept hearing, “Wow, does he always sweat like this?!” from everyone who picked him up. The great thing about Benji though is that he’s all smiles all the time, he just sat there and grinned every time someone talked about his sweat.

Of course we made the trip to Lego Land and Disney Land and the kids were in heaven (when they weren’t throwing tantrums). Keely got to meet three Disney princesses in person, which I figured would be her highlight (and she did love) but it turns out that the “Small World” ride was the winner. I think that the fact that the ride consists of about fifteen minutes of singing, dancing dolls dressed up like people around the world really put the ride over the edge. How could three princesses top 2,000 dressed up dolls?

The final highlight of our trip (for me) was a little reunion with a couple of my college roomies. I loved seeing them and being able to catch up. Stephanie has an adorable home and an even more adorable baby, and Chelsie and Matt have one little cutie on the way (yay!), not to mention they were amazing volunteer babysitters at Disney Land. Anyway, all in all the trip was short but fantastic! Can’t wait to get back!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like a fun trip! We love Disneyland. Cute pics too. I can't believe how different Ben looks to me, wow, he's grown. What a cute family!

Jana said...

YEA!!! You are back and finally updating your blog. I have been waiting patiently. :) I was laughing so hard about the grandma that made cookies because she maybe still thinks we live in the 50's. LOL!!!! That was so cute. And who doesn't love the smell of fresh cookies, and of course eating them! :) About the girls trip. . .are you for reals? If so, I need to reserve the time share for us. Let me know and we can get planning. I need it!

The Stringham's said...

Lisa, I had so much fun w/ you guys! I'm so glad you came and we were able to hang out so much! You are such a good mom! I hope I can be as good a mom as you! Thank you for being such a good example to me. Luv u xoxo Chelsie