Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Goodbye Ellis'


Kristin, Abram, Max and baby Aviva came to visit last weekend and we were all very sad to see them go. Keely in particular did not want them to depart and fell IN LOVE with Aviva. She really couldn’t get enough and even today was talking about how “adorable” Avi is. She also keeps talking about going to “Bob’s Big Boy,” apparently her new favorite restaurant in the world since Abram treated her and Max to breakfast Saturday morning. Shawn and I also had a great time and decided to make a list of our top three “Ellis highlights”:

1. When Abram was trying to make a point to Kristin and threw in the phrase “I’ve had scientists tell me…” Apparently Abram is well established within the scientific world and knows many, many scientists. I suggested that maybe next time he just says ‘in an article I read…” or “in school I learned…” We’ll see – the scientist connection is a pretty powerful one!

2. When I was shampooing Max’s hair in the tub and he didn’t want to let me rinse. He started looking around desperately for a place to hide but as we all know there are not many places to hide in a tub. He finally settled on plunging his face into the water which it turns out is NOT the best hiding spot. I’ve never laughed so hard.

3. “Stop lying you liar!” (Sorry, that’s one that only K & A will understand).

There are more, like the fact that we beat them both times in Rook or the great excuse that Abram came up with in order to not go somewhere with Kristin, but for the sake of length (and everyone’s good name) I will let it rest at that. We really do have so much fun with the Ellis family and can’t wait to see them again!

5 comments:

Arah Debra said...

I'm jealous! I wish I would have been there!! They are a fun bunch.

Delsa said...

I'm jealous to, but no sense dwelling on that. Those pictures are the best. I love that middle one of Keely and Aviva. How funny are your highlights? I guess Max isn't as smart of Abram claims if he hasn't figured out the water is no place to hide in the tub. Oh, my, I laughed so hard.
Then of course there is Bob, who I told to come and look at the pictures. He saw the one of Ben and Max (was that on this sight or another, I can't remember) and said, "Who are those two kids." I think someone needs to come and visit us. I was worried about the kids forgetting us!!!

Delsa said...

Sorry, I have been getting my sites mixed up.

Tanya said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Ok, so I'm probably not coming...which I'm sure you had guessed by now. But wait, did you ever think I would really come?!?! It's too hard to get sitters for three of the four days and figure that all out right now. This fall is super busy for Brian. But, count me in for spring trip.

Jana said...

That was hilarious. Abram using the scientific word reminds me you how you use percentages to make things more real. LOL!!! Too funny!