Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What I've Been Doing

I realize I've been pretty much non-existent in the blog world since we got back from Australia and here's why. Before we left for Australia we were super excited to find out that Kristin and Abram (Shawn's sister and her husband) were moving back to Ann Arbor. Seeing as to the fact that they are 2 of our favorite people we offered to let them move into the Quinn home (for those of you that are confused we've been living in Shawn's parents' house while they're on their mission) and said that we would just buy a house since it's such a great time to buy. What we didn't realize is how quickly everything would go. Abram found a great job at a law firm and they sold their house all in just over a month, and by the time we returned from Australia we had 5 days to ready everything because they were on their way!

So, here we are 1 week later. the Ellis family arrived last Wednesday and we have been living on top of each other since. Keely and Ben have had a blast with their cousins Aviva and Max here, and Shawn and I have loved the company but unfortunately all the kids have been sick which adds a whole other dimension to our fun. So, that's my life right now. Cleaning, packing, unpacking, moving things up and down and house hunting like mad! We made an offer on one house and we're just waiting to hear so who knows, maybe my next blog will be about our new home. Anyway, needless to say things are crazy busy right now - and also just plain crazy!

14 comments:

LL said...

How exciting - and busy!! Our moving/sickness/house-buying adventure has caused me to revert to basic survival mode, meaning I only eat packaged foods with no nutritional value. Just in potato chips alone I'll bet I've sucked a full decade off my life expectancy.

You can borrow my new mantra if you'd like: Only six more months and then things will be better. :-)

Aundrea said...

What an adventure:) I hope you are able to find a house that you love soon!!

KerrieLeigh said...

Good luck in your house hunting!!Sounds like you really have your hands full right now.

Rochelle said...

WOW! That sounds like a lot of crazy fun! I hope you enjoy house hunting and find the one for you! I always feel like there is "The One" that you really love. Anyway good luck and I hope all feel better soon!

Jana said...

Crazy!!!! I am so excited to see where you will buy. I can't wait to buy another home one day. As in one with a master BATH!!!!

Autumn said...

Oh wow! With all you have going on I think it's great that you've blogged as much as you have! Jeff and his family lived with us for a couple of weeks before their house was finished a few years ago...I understand the crazy, on top of each other stuff...but it was also tons of fun! My sister in law and I decided that having 2 mommies is an awesome deal!! Good luck with the house...can't wait to hear!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for all of you. It is great for the kids to have cousind close by. Julia and her cousin who is 4 months older went to the Mock Prom for the youth. It's good when they have support for the "scary stuff."
Now onto the idea of a dog...big dog, big dog, big dog. Bella would love another playmate.

Tanya said...

Geez, I guess crazy and crazy busy. Excited to see the next post.

Updates From The Outback said...

Now you know how we felt when we were getting ready for our mission, packing, moving, renting, buying, moving, fixing-up, selling, moving, and packing. There times I thought it would never end. Happily: "This too, will pass."
Good luck on your last offer.
We love you all!

Arah Debra said...

Is that your excuse for not planning your trip out here?

Hubers said...

Good luck with all of that!

Unknown said...

Wow you are crazy busy. Good luck in finding a house.

Byron said...

I'm excited for your crazy busy-ness. It really does sound like fun. I sure wish I had a good excuse to be non-existent from the blogging world! What's my problem? Can't wait to hear your house news.

Tanya said...

I would call you but you are probably WAY to crazy to even talk. So...call me when you get a minute and we'll catch up. Not that I'll get to my phone but hey, there's a slight chance :)