Tuesday, September 9, 2008

18 months

I can't believe my baby is 18 months! I wish I could portray in writing how happy this little guy makes me! He has developed such a personality and is cracking me up everyday. I can't describe it like I'd like to but he is just a kid you want to grab and hug all the time. Here's a few of our favorite things:
Just a few things he's saying:
  • When we can't find Ben's shoes (which is almost always), he walks around the house shrugging his shoulders and saying, "where is it?"
  • "No!" A real favorite.
  • When he's done eating Ben throws his hands up and says "all done!"
  • Mattie has figured out that it is safest to stay away from Ben, so Ben spends much of his day laying on the ground and looking under the chair (where Mattie's hiding) while saying "dog" and "Mattie" like he's making a brilliant new discovery.
  • When Ben wants to get out of the house he says "go!" and runs to the door
  • "shoes" because he's obsessed; and believe it or not he's only got one pair that fit him. I can't find shoes wide enough for his chubby little feet!
A few things he's loving:
  • Every time we pass a basketball hoop he makes a motion and sound effect like he's shooting a basket.
  • He loves to give high fives and will do it all day if you let him
  • Running up and throwing his arms around me to give big hugs - love it!
  • Dancing! The kid loves to dance and can really get those arms and legs moving.
  • HITTING - my only complaint. Hitting Keely, his cousins, anyone who happens to be in his path...seriously, it's non-stop!
  • His bear and his binki. Can't sleep without them and I know it's time to take the binki away but I'm dreading it!
  • His daddy - oh, and he prefers men in general. Last week was his first in nursery and I had to let them know that if he needed to be calmed down it would have to be a man. He's a man's man.
  • Making people laugh. Once he knows something cracks you up he'll do it again and again; he's such a character.
  • Folding his arms for prayer. Every time he sits at the table, be it a snack or a meal we must pray. And then he claps after every "amen."
  • Food. Any and all. I love that he loves food, makes life so much easier!

10 comments:

Aundrea said...

He is so adorable! I love kids that are easy to please and he sounds like my kind of kid:) Yay for nursery!!

Shauri said...

He looks so big in that first picture--all grown up. Can't even leave for a week and everything is different! And I can vouch - all you ever want to do is squeeze him when he's around.

Autumn said...

He is getting SO big!! That first picture made him look all grown up! What a sweet little boy you have! Poor Mattie...just so you know Emmy had to endure the same thing with Jace and now they are the best of friends...not before he got nipped a few times though! Love that he loves men! That is adorable! And the food thing...well I must say by the looks of him that is obvious! :) Love those chubby cheeks! I think you need to come visit me so I can squeeze that boy!! So sad your baby is 18 months and mine is 6 today! :(

Hubers said...

Both of your kids are growing up so fast! He sounds like a real boy now days...all growing up and stuff!

Arah Debra said...

Love him, love him, love him! He really is the kind of kid you have to hug and squish all the time. I just wish he didn't get so mad when I do it.

Christin said...

So was he born in March? Luke's birthday is March 2. He's too cute.

Christin

KerrieLeigh said...

He is so big and SO cute!

Delsa said...

Okay, so I'm very jealous of all of this loving and laughing I'm missing.He sure looks cute in those pictures. Is he lonely with Keely in school? Maybe he could teach Aviva how to love food.

Tanya said...

He seems like the contagiously happy kid, like the kid everyone wants to be around because he's always so friendly and happy. Keep eating!!

Christina said...

Very cute, I can't believe how big Ben is getting. Leah is doing a lot of the same things, it's such a fun age.