Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can

While I'm so happy with the outcome of the election I know that not everyone is but I wanted to post a link to Obama's acceptance speech just in case anyone missed it. It's 18 minutes and definitely worth listening to. He's both gracious and inspiring and makes you proud to be part of this great country. One important thing that I think will come from this victory is an energy that we've been missing in America for a long time.

McCain was also very gracious in his comments and I really think that now that the fighting and bitterness of the campaigns is over there will be a great opportunity for both sides to work together. Today is a good day.

11 comments:

LL said...

Right on, Lisa! I think I grinned all night in my sleep. :-)

I'm always glad when elections are over and we can all just be Americans again.

Kristen said...

Amen sister!

Julie said...

Definitely an exciting night. Yes we can!

Rochelle said...

I thought both speeches were done with style and grace. I'm glad it's over and we can move on!

John and Ryan said...

Very exciting moment and I hope that America is ready to come together and support this historic moment in our history.

Sharon said...

I'm moving to Canada! Just Kidding! Remember after Bush won there were all those celebs threatening to move to Canada...

Jennifer said...

He is inspiring, let's hope he can put those words into action.

Jill said...

Yeah! It was such a relief for me that he won! I hope there are good things to come!

Anonymous said...

I have been gone since Wednesday morning and wasn't able to read any blogs. I was starting to get a little sad that no one had posted anything about the election. I should have known Lisa would come through! What a wonderful night Tuesday was. I cried from relief, joy, and fear. I am thrilled to see the change that will come in our children's lifetime.

Shauri said...

WOW. When you post, you post for rizzle. Feast or famine with you LSQ, feast or famine.

HW said...

Mormons voting for Democrats? And feeling free to blog about it?! Seriously, what a breath of fresh air! We miss you and A2 too.